Top 10 reasons to get a massage:
· Stimulate and Detoxify the Body: The lymph system is the body's natural defence against toxins and impurities. Massage Therapy stimulates the flow of toxic waste from the muscles, organs and tissues for improved health and digestion.
· Relax Muscle Tension and Improve Flexibility: Massage Therapy stimulates blood circulation increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to connective tissue and muscles. This helps remove adhesion’s in the muscles as well as lubricate joints for increased flexibility.
· Recover From Injury Faster: Massage Therapy can break up scar tissue for more efficient movement. It can improve functional abilities and range of motion.
· Improve Posture: Massage Therapy can improve posture by helping to train muscles to be in the right position allowing for better support to our structure.
· Prevent Injury or Illness: Tense muscles tighten and pull the body out of alignment and restrict circulation. Regular Massage Therapy can increase circulation and relax the body to prevent chronic conditions from taking hold.
· Enhance and Maintain Good Health: Massage Therapy is to the human body what a tune-up is to a car. It helps to reduce heart rate, lowers blood pressure and strengthens immunity by boosting lymphocytes.
· Improves Attitude and Increases Alertness: You can’t help but feel good after a massage leading to a more positive disposition. Massage Therapy also stimulates brain wave activity.
· Relieves Pain: Massage Therapy helps block the nervous system pain receptors and increases blood flow to the muscles. It can increase mobility to the joints to help reduces arthritis pain, ease the pain of migraines, pregnancy, cancer and fibromyalgia.
· Reduces Stress: Massage Therapy calms the body and relaxes the mind helping to reduce stress by lowering cortisol levels. Considering the detrimental effect of stress on your body, this can lead to a major difference in your overall well-being.
· It Feels Wonderful: Anyone who has had a massage can attest that you feel like a new person afterwards. In addition to all the health benefits listed above Massage Therapy boosts endorphins, the same hormone associated with runners high. If you have never had a professional massage, now is the time to try!
Our specialists here at Bbodysmart offer a range of services for injury rehabilitation.
the most commonly used form of classical Western massage, generally performed in the direction of the heart, sometimes with the active or passive movement of the joints. It is used especially for relaxation, relief of muscular tension, and improvement of circulation and range of motion.
The prime purpose of sports massage therapy is to help alleviate the stress and tension which builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. Where minor injuries and lesions occur, due to overexertion and/or overuse, massage can break them down quickly and effectively. Above all, it can help prevent those niggling injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement, whether one is an athlete, ardent keep-fitter or a once a week jogger.
Remedial massage is based on the fact that soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) respond to touch. Most pain is myofascial (soft tissue) in origin. Trigger points (sensitive points in muscles, which radiate or refer pain to various parts of the body) can mimic many conditions. Muscles not only move our joints, they stabilise them, and they provide armour for the internal organs, minor problems with these functions cause more pain than most people realise. Most headaches originate in the muscles of the neck and head. Much of the pain of such conditions as angina comes from the hypercontraction of the chest muscles. Much abdominal and pelvic pain can be caused by trigger points in the abdominal and pelvic muscles. Low back pain and sciatic pain are far more likely to originate in muscles than invertebral disc problems.
Reflexology is a popular and relaxing treatment based on the principle that reflex points on the soles, tops and sides of the feet correspond to areas throughout the body. By stimulating or soothing these reflexes, many health issues may benefit in a safe and natural way. Reflexology may work with the body to restore its own natural balance and is suitable for most people.
Indian head massage is a massage therapy that works specifically on the area surrounding the head, scalp, face and neck, extending to the shoulders and upper back. Indian head massage relaxes tense muscles, eases aches and pains and regulates lymph and blood circulation.
Reiki is a form of natural hands-on healing which promotes and maintains balance within our energy system. A Reiki treatment is a gentle non-invasive relaxing experience. It reduces stress and tension and can bring about positive changes in your life. Reiki can bring mind, body and spirit gradually back into balance creating a sense of well-being.
Angelic Reiki is a powerful healing modality that works with the highest energies of the Angelic Realm to bring about healing and balance on all levels to those receiving the healing energy. During an Angelic Reiki Healing Treatment, the practitioner is simply a bridge for the angelic healing energy to pass to the recipient. This is a complete system of energy healing which is open to all.
Meditation is a practice where we can train the mind or induce a mode of consciousness, either to realise some benefit or for the mind to simply acknowledge its content without becoming identified with that content.
The term meditation refers to a broad variety of practices that includes techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy or life force and develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.
Meditation has been practised for thousands of years as a component of numerous religious traditions and beliefs. Meditation is often used to clear the mind and ease many health concerns, such as high blood pressure, depression, and anxiety.
Guided Visualisations, sometimes referred to as Guided Imagery or Journey-work, are carefully created visual journeys which draw on images which facilitate a specific purpose or desired outcome. They are created through the imagination, yet a strong imagination is not necessary. They are a hugely versatile and powerful skill which can be used to enhance the well-being of the mind, heart, body and soul.